Corvias Property Management

Fort Bragg

Frequently Asked Questions

Our community management teams are here to help!

Have you already submitted your application? We understand that the application process can be stressful, so be sure to review our FAQs to help ease you through it! Feel free to contact our staff if you have any additional questions, or if you have any special housing requirements so that we can work to best accommodate your family's needs.

I have my orders...

[+]When can I apply for on-post housing?

Service members are eligible to apply for on-post housing once they have received notification of assignment to Fort Bragg. Official orders are not required in order to apply for housing, but will need to be turned in prior to move-in. Go to to apply for housing online.

[+] What type of dependent documentation is needed to house my family?

  • DD 1172

[+]Why do I need to submit a DA31 Form (or equivalent)?

The DA31 Form (or its equivalent for non-Army branches of service) must be provided as confirmation that the incoming service member has completely cleared his/her last duty station. Clearing confirmation is required in order to sign a Corvias Occupancy Agreement and take possession of a home. This requirement is not applicable to service members who have been signed into Fort Bragg/Pope Air Field for more than 30 days.

[+] What is the rank structure for Fort Bragg housing?

For on-post housing purposes: Junior Enlisted (E1-E5), Senior NCOs (E6-E8), Command Sergeant Major/Sergeant Major (E9), Company Grade (WO1-CW2, O1-O3), Field Grade (CW4, O4-O5) and, Senior Grade (CW5-O6) and General/Flag Officers (O7-O10).

[+] Is there a wait list for the newly constructed homes?

Yes, waiting lists are now open for several recently constructed home types.

[+] How do I submit an online application?

An online application can be submitted through our website by clicking here. Please note, your online housing application will be reviewed by our leasing staff and placed in a Pending Arrival Status. You will be contacted by a member of our dedicated team of Leasing Specialists regarding your application status. They will assist you in completing housing eligibility requirements, including supporting documents, to ensure that your family experiences the improved quality of life being provided at Fort Bragg.

[+] How is the on-post housing eligibility date determined?

Eligibility date is determined by when the application for housing is submitted.

[+] If I submit an online application, will housing be available when I arrive?

Once your application and all supporting documentation has been received and approved by our Leasing Center, you will be placed on the appropriate wait list. Wait times and availability are subject to change based on vacancy status.

[+] I will be relocating to Fort Bragg in 8 months. Can you tell me how long my family will have to wait for on-post housing?

Wait times vary. Please contact your Leasing Consultant with any questions regarding Wait Times.

[+] My family was assigned to a 4-bedroom home at my last duty station. Will I automatically qualify for 4-bedroom housing at Fort Bragg?

At Fort Bragg, service members with primary physical custody of three or more children automatically qualify for 4 bedroom housing.

[+] What are the requirements for housing eligibility?

You are eligible for Privatized Family Housing at Fort Bragg if you are an active duty service member assigned to an installation within 50 miles of Fort Bragg/Pope Air Field and have a minimum of 12 months remaining. Service members can be placed on the wait list once your orders to Fort Bragg/Pope Field or a duty station within 50 miles have been received.

Applications can be accessed online or in-person by visiting the Leasing Center at Fort Bragg. After you complete the housing application and submit all required documentation, you can then be placed on the appropriate list.

[+] What documents are required to be placed on the wait list?

For active-duty personnel to be placed on the wait list, you will need to provide a completed application, a copy of your most current orders and your dependent documentation. Before you are able to accept a home, you will need to provide your most recent LES, a valid photo ID and your DA-31 or equivalent (i.e. outprocessing checklist or stamped orders).

[+] I am a dual military household. Whose name will my housing lease be under?

Dual military service members need to submit separate applications to avoid delay in processing.  The lease will be placed in the name of the senior ranking service member.  

I have my orders and I have special circumstances...

[+] Can my spouse apply for housing on my behalf?

Yes, a non-military or dual military spouse may apply for housing on behalf of the sponsor/senior service member. The non-sponsor submitting the application must be named on the sponsor's special power of attorney (POA).  This POA must have the DFAS clause allowing them to start and stop allotments on the service members behald. This document must be presented to the Corvias Leasing Center. Please note that dual military service members should submit separate applications to avoid delay in processing.

[+] Who determines Key and Essential (K+E) positions for housing?

Fort Bragg Garrison Headquarters makes this determination.

[+] Can I designate someone to accept a home on my behalf or in my absence?

Yes, someone can accept a home for you (approve the assignment, sign the lease, accept the keys). The individual acting on your behalf must be named on a special power of attorney, which specifically details your designee's authority to manage the assignment and termination of housing for you at Fort Bragg, sign the lease document on your behalf, and start/stop your allotment for housing.

[+] I am enrolled in the Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP). Will I have priority placement on the wait list?

EFMP status does not constitute priority placement on Fort Bragg housing wait lists.

[+] I have a family member who requires a home with accessibility features or special home modifications due to a medical condition. Who do I see?

All home accessibility or modification inquiries must be directed to the Family Services Program. Once you have completed the application, you may reach Family Services at (910) 764-4500.

[+] I am a single service member with one child, am I eligible for on-post housing?

Yes, housing applications are accepted from single service members with accompanying dependents, as verified by DEERS form DD1172-2.

[+] I have a dual military household and my spouse is stationed at another installation. Can I apply for housing?

Dual service members are eligible for on-post housing at Fort Bragg if:

  • Both service members will be assigned to the same installation within 30 days of one another.
  •  A service member assigned to Fort Bragg/Pope Air Field has other dependents listed on his/her DEERS Enrollment Form who will be accompanying the service member to the installation. The BAH will be taken for the senior ranking service member at the Fort Bragg "with-dependent" rate. The remaining BAH is yours to keep.
  • Please also note that dual military service members need to submit separate applications to avoid delay in process.

I've completed my application...

[+] May I request placement on more than one wait list at one time?

Service members may occupy only one wait list at one time.

[+] Once placed on the wait list, may I transfer to a different list?

If the service member elects to change wait lists, the requests must be made within 30 days of initial placement on the wait list in order to maintain the original housing eligibility date. Requests to change wait lists after 30 days will result in an eligibility date change to the current date of application.

[+] Where do I stay while I wait for housing? Is there temporary housing?

Temporary lodging at Fort Bragg is available through Fort Bragg Army Lodging (, and is contingent on space availability. Corvias does not provide temporary housing for service members waiting to be placed in on-post housing.

[+] Who will pay for my family's move if I am an incoming service member?

As of March 8, 2012, Garrison Transportation policy states that military families with PCS orders qualify for one government-paid move from the previous duty station to the Fort Bragg/Pope Air Field area. This change applies to both Transportation moves as well as "DITY" moving expenses. Thus, if moving directly from the previous duty station into on-post housing, the move will be paid for by the government. However, if moving locally from off post into on-post housing, the moving expenses will not be paid for by the government. This change applies even if on-post housing was not available at the time of reporting to Fort Bragg/Pope Air Field. Local medically directed moves and moves by "key and essential" personnel into on-post housing will still be funded by the government.

[+] What happens if I decline a home?

If an offer is made and you decline the home after viewing it, your eligibility date will change and you will go to the bottom of the wait list. If availability allows, you will be given the opportunity to look at more than one home. After a third declination, you will be removed from the wait list and will need to reapply for housing.

[+] What will my wait time be?

Your wait time is determined by the number of vacant homes. The wait time given is an estimation and is subject to change; however, every effort will be made to find adequate housing as quickly as possible. Please check with the Leasing Center for updates. If a preference of floor plan or community is given, your wait time could be extended past the given estimate depending on current availability.

[+] What determines which list I am placed?

Your pay grade and the number of dependents will determine the size of your home, as well as the pay grade of the home you will be placed in. The pay grades for on-post housing are as follows: Junior Enlisted (E1-E5), Senior NCOs (E6-E8), Command Sergeant Major/Sergeant Major (E9), Company Grade (WO1-CW3, O1-O3), Field Grade (CW4-CW5, O4-O5), Senior Grade (O6) and General/Flag Officers (O7-O10).

[+] What does it mean if I get bumped on the wait list?

If you get bumped on the wait list, it means an incoming service member applied with an earlier eligibility date and went above you on the wait list. Only the top 10 percent of every wait list is frozen and those service members cannot be bumped.

[+] What happens if someone has the same eligibility date as me?

If someone has the same eligibility date, date-of-rank will be the secondary factor regarding placement on the list. The earlier date-of-rank will be placed first. If the date-of-rank is the same, date-of-entry into service will be used.

[+] Once contacted, how long do I have to respond to make a move-in appointment?

Once contacted, you have 72 hours to respond to the Community Office before we offer that home to the next service member on the wait list. Special circumstances will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If advance notification is possible, we can work with you to find an alternative that best serves you. If you will be out of town, please let the Community Office know, so that arrangements can be made.

I'm getting ready to move on post...

[+] Are Fort Bragg houses furnished?

No, the houses are not furnished.

[+] What amenities are included with the home?

Fort Bragg homes are fully equipped with a refrigerator, stove and dishwasher. Garbage disposals and ice makers are available in select homes. The homes also feature full-size washer/dryer hookups. Corvias also offers free lawn care, trash/recycling, home maintenance and access to our Community Centers and pools

[+] Do you allow pets, and how many?

Yes, Fort Bragg is a pet-friendly installation. Exotic pets such as monkeys, snakes, etc. are not permitted. In addition, dogs belonging to aggressive breeds to include full or mixed breed Pit Bulls, Staffordshire Terriers, Chow Chows, Doberman Pinchers, Rottweilers, Wolf Hybrid, Great Danes, Presa Canarios, Akitas, Malamutes and Mastiffs are prohibited from Fort Bragg/Pope Air Field family housing areas. Please review the Pet Policy if you have additional questions. The Leasing Center can provide you with a copy of this policy.

[+] Do the homes come equipped with fencing?

No. Residents who elect to have a fence must purchase or rent it at their own cost. Due to fencing policies, prior approval from Community Management must be obtained before erecting a fence.

[+] Will residents be responsible for their utility costs?

The Department of Defense has required the Army to reduce its energy consumption by 20 percent. To help meet this goal and to encourage families to conserve, the Army has initiated the Live Army Green Utility Program to include all on-post homes. For homes enrolled in the program, the Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) will continue to cover electricity costs up to a certain baseline amount established each month for a particular home type. The amount the home's utility usage falls above or below the monthly baseline will determine whether the resident must: a) receive money back as a rebate; b) must supplement energy costs; or c) do nothing. Eventually, all on-post homes will be enrolled in the program. On average, approximately 85 percent of families fall into the categories of "No Action Required" or "Rebate" and only 15 percent of families receive an energy supplement bill. As a result of the Live Army Green's proactive approach, on-post housing electric consumption has decreased by an average of 15 percent per unit in the last year, and gas consumption has decreased by an average of 17 percent per unit in the last year.

I'm a current resident...

[+] My family has been living in our Fort Bragg home for 3 years and we are ready to move. Can we apply for another wait list?

Once the family is housed, the service member cannot apply for another wait list unless the following occurs: (1) change in rank or (2) change in family composition.

[+] My mother is coming to live with me. Am I eligible for a larger home?

The parent must be established as a dependent of the service member through DEERS and have a military-issued ID card.

[+] Who will pay for my move if I am doing a voluntary intra-post move?

The service member will be responsible for the voluntary intra-post move.


$content_error = "

Could not read content file.

$content = file_get_contents('');

if ($content !== false) {
echo $content;
} else {
echo $content_error;