- Want to know what is happening in your community?
- Your opinion could be worth $1,500
- Taking care of your furry family members
- Spring into Fun at Linden Oaks – May 1
- Ice cream family challenge – May 16
- Yard of the Month
- Resident reminders
- Corvias Foundation military spouse educational grant deadline approaching
- Green corner
Your community calendar can help you stay up-to-date on trash, recycling, lawn care, resident events and community activities.
You can even sync your community calendar with a personal Google calendar by clicking on the +Google button on the bottom right-hand corner of the calendar.
- May 1 - Spring into Fun at Linden Oaks from 3-6 p.m. at the Clubhouse at Linden Oaks
- April 23 – May 5 – Fort Bragg Fair will be held at the Fort Bragg Fair Grounds. Visit fortbraggmwr.com for more details.
- May 7 – 3rd Annual Spouse Wellness Conference. Registration is required. For more information call 910-396-8160.
- May 7- Deadline for Corvias Foundation Spouse Education Grant
- May 8 – Military Spouse Appreciation Day
- May 10 – Happy Mother’s Day
- May 16 – USO Run for the Troops 5K Fun Run/Walk
- May 25 – Memorial Day – Community Offices open 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- CYSS Summer Camp brochure available online at www.fortbraggmwr.com/CYSS
The HQDA RCI (Residential Communities Initiatives) will be conducting their Resident Satisfaction Survey via e-mail from May 7th – June 7th at all Corvias Military Living Army locations. Please click here to read the attached memo from Lieutenant General, David D. Halverson, IMCOM Commander and GS Assistant Chief of Staff for Installation Management. This important survey will help ensure the continued success of the RCI program in meeting your needs and will help guide the Army and Corvias in the development of future improvements to our homes and services. This survey will be administered through a third party, CEL & Associates, Inc. (CEL). The survey results are confidential, so please express your true opinions and thoughts. All residents who complete the survey will be entered to win one grand prize of $1,500!
Having a pet is fun, but pet ownership also comes with many responsibilities. If you already have a family pet, or are thinking about getting one, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Care for your pet
Caring for your animal is the greatest responsibility of pet ownership. Your pet depends on you for basic needs such as food, water and shelter. To keep your animal healthy make sure your pet is registered with the post veterinarian, vaccinated, micro chipped and receives annual check-ups.
Pets require your time and attention. Whether your pet requires a lot of care or is low maintenance, find time to spend with your pet. Brushing your pet is a great way to spend some time together and can reduce pet hair around the house. Pets are social creatures and thrive on social stimulation.
Regularly exercise your pet to keep them happy and healthy. Going for a walk or playing around the house benefits both you and your pet.
Dealing with pet waste is one of those topics that every pet owner must deal with but no one likes to talk about. The fact is the majority of community and neighborhood pet problems result from inappropriate handling of pet waste. In addition, pet waste is the greatest source of potential health risk for your pet and your family. Scoop litter boxes daily and clean them regularly. If your pet spends time outside your house, clean up waste from the yard and common areas daily.
For your pet’s wellbeing make sure you always follow the Pet Policy outlined in the Resident Responsibility Guide. For more information on pet ownership visit Fort Bragg’s Veteninary Services or https://www.facebook.com/ft.bragg.vetcen. You can also visit American Veterinary Medical Association for additional resources.
Please join us on a trip to the islands without having to leave Linden Oaks! This year's Spring into Fun event is a luau theme featuring limbo, pineapple bowling, a hula skirt relay, hula dancers and so much more! FREE food, music, large inflatable slides and raffles will be waiting for you as we kickoff the spring season. The FREE event will be held on Friday, May 1 (inclement weather date of Friday, May 8), from 3-6 pm at The Clubhouse at Linden Oaks located at 2 Duplin Street.
We hosted Spring into Fun on main post on April 17. We had a great time with our residents dancing and playing games. We served 1,200 hotdogs!! We look forward to another fun event with our Linden Oaks residents.
Please contact your community center with any questions about the event.
ACS Family Advocacy Program in partnership with Corvias Military Living presents the 1st Ice Cream Family Challenge on May 16 from 11 a.m. -12:30 p.m. Families are invited to join us for cool treats and family fun. The ice cream and toppings are provided, but families must bring their own creativity and work together to create their very own ice cream sundae. The best sundae wins!! Prizes will be awarded for the most creative and of course the most delicious. Registration is required. Call 910-907-5626 to register – hurry registration deadline is May 8.
Break out the gardening gloves! Yard of the month has returned. As we did last year, the Fort Bragg Garrison will recognize the contest in June and July (summer yard of the month), October (fall yard of the month), and December (winter yard of the month). Holiday decorations will be considered, though not mandatory, when judging in October and December.
The yard of the month program will reward those who make a special effort to improve their yard and beautify their home while remaining in compliance with housing and post regulations. These regulations include Fort Bragg’s lawn watering guidelines as well as the regulations outlined in Corvias Military Living’s Resident Responsibility Guide. Please contact your Community Office for a copy of this guide.
In consideration of varying community sizes and home types, two to four summer yard of the month winners will be selected in each community for June and July. Of the June and July yard of the month winners, one Yard of Excellence winner will be selected as the best of Fort Bragg. One winner will be named per community in October and December. Regardless of the month, each yard of the month winner will receive a recognition letter from the Fort Bragg Garrison Commander, a yard of the month sign to be displayed in front of the home, and gift certificates.
Judging and Rules:
1. Judging will be conducted by the 10th of the month. The Directorate of Public Works (DPW) will perform the judging and select winners. No Corvias employees will take part in judging.
2. To be eligible to participate, yards must be in full compliance with requirements set forth in the Corvias Military Living Resident Responsibility Guide.
3. June winners will be notified the first week of July. July winners will be notified the first week of August. October winners will be notified by the 15th of month. December winners will be notified by the 15th of the month. A resident may win only once during the 2015 Yard of the Month program.
- Rubbish, refuse, and recycling days are offered once a week for all of our communities. If you are unsure of your trash day please contact your community center or visit your community calendar. Remember to bring out your trash cans and recycling bins from your home for curbside pickup no earlier than the evening before your trash day. Please bring your trash cans and recycling bins back to your home at the end of each designated trash day. Do not place trash cans and recycling bins on streets and sidewalks. Help us to maintain the curb appeal of our communities and also ensure that pedestrians are able to utilize the sidewalks at all times. Excess and abandoned bins will be tagged and removed from the area if residents do not pull them back from the curb in a timely manner.
- When parking in the community, remember to lock your car doors and store valuable items out of sight. Also, please remember that parking on the lawn areas is not permitted. To avoid fees to re-seed and repair lawn areas, always park in designated parking areas only. Fort Bragg Community Police Officers patrol the neighborhood daily and will issue parking tickets for vehicles parked on seeded areas.
- Refer a Friend Program. Do you know a family looking for a new place to call home? If a family that you refer moves into housing, you will receive $100 per referral. The incoming family must complete the Refer a Friend form during the application process for you to receive the referral reward. Please contact your community center with any additional questions.
Don’t forget! Applications for the Corvias Foundation $5,000 Educational Grants for spouses of active-duty service members are due Thursday, May 7. The application is available online at corviasfoundation.org.
Take advantage of spring weather! While the temperatures outside are comfortable, use a window or ceiling fan instead of the air conditioner. A fan only requires a tenth of the energy needed to run an air conditioner.