All Corvias homes are equipped with a fire extinguisher. Please locate your fire extinguisher and place it in an easily accessible area. Use the PASS technique to operate your fire extinguisher:
- Pull - Pull the pin
- Aim - Aim low, at the base of the fire
- Squeeze - Squeeze the handle
- Sweep - Sweep from side to side until the fire is out
When NOT to fight a fire:
- If the fire could block your only exit!
- If the fire is spreading too quickly!
- If the fire is too large!
- If you don't know how to use your fire extinguisher!
Seasonal Fire Prevention Reminders:
- Grills must be 10 feet away from the home and any overhanging structures when in use.
- Fire pits and open fires are prohibited.
- Unattended cooking is the leading cause of fires. Always watch food while cooking and grilling.
- Cigarettes and candles should be fully extinguished before sleeping or leaving home.
- Electrical outlets should never be overloaded.
- All Christmas tree ornaments and decorations should be noncombustible and turned off before sleeping or leaving home.
For Emergency Calls from Cell Phones
Fort Bragg Emergency: 911