At Corvias Military Living, we do our best to improve your quality of life and overall housing experience. To us, this means making your life easier and taking chores off your plate when we can. As part of this, Corvias Military Living provides seasonal commercial lawn mowing services at no additional charge. All common areas of each neighborhood, including all lawn areas, are thoroughly maintained through the use of the approved commercial grounds maintenance contractor, the Brickman Group, an established leader in the commercial lawn mowing business.
Check your Community calendar on this website for your mowing schedule. During warmer months, bi-weekly or weekly mowing will occur. Please keep in mind, however, that inclement weather may require adjustments to your regular lawn mowing schedule. If you have questions about your lawn mowing services, please contact your Community Office.
The Lawn Mowing Process
First, the mowers mow your lawn. Next, a separate crew trims around fixed objects such as fences and drains (this service will occur every other mow). Finally, another team comes through to blow the grass clippings off of your patio, sidewalk and driveway.
How to Prepare Your Yard for Mowing
• Remove toys, decorative items, trash, patio furniture, grills, pet waste, and trampolines from all grassy areas on your lawn mowing day. Unprepared lawns will not be mowed.
• Park cars on paved areas to allow crews access to grassy areas.
• Store pets indoors on your lawn mowing day.
• Ensure that your backyard fence is unlocked to allow crews to access your yard (Ste Mere Eglise residents should prop open patio privacy fences.). After lawn mowing has been completed, verify that your fence is closed before allowing your pet to re-enter your yard.
We understand if you prefer to maintain your own lawn. If you do, please contact your Community Office, so we can provide your home with a special marker to display, and our lawn mowing crews will know to skip your lawn. If you choose to place your home on the no-mow list, you will be expected to cut and trim your lawn as often as—and at least to the standard of—our commercial lawn mowing service.
Streets in Normandy/Bastogne Gables will be mowed according to the following schedule. You may also refer to your Community calendar for the mowing schedule.
- Monday: all of Bastogne Gables
- Tuesday: Bassett, 19-42 Hunt , and La Fiere
- Wednesday: Capron, Alexander, Pelham, Dupont, 1-15 Hunt, and Couchman
- Thursday: Dyer, Jackson, Hoyle, Armistead, and Totten
- Friday: Adams, Donelson, and McNeill
In addition to lawn mowing, the Brickman Group also provides seasonal services, including but not limited to weed removal, leaf pick-up, and spring/fall clean-up. Check your Community e-newsletter and/or your Community calendar on this website for these and other seasonal services.
Leaf Removal Services
Brickman will begin leaf collection services in the fall and winter of 2013.