Corvias Property Management

Fort Bragg

BAH Calculator

Ready to Move?

Apply online to live on the installation at Corvias Military Living.

Get Started

Find a HomeShow Tooltip

Search now to find homes that may be available for you.

Rank Band (required)


If you require special needs, please contact the Leasing Center at 1-866-253-1217 or email.

How Does BAH as Rent Work?

Calculate your BAH

Using your Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) for rent is easy. Essentially, service members simply need to sign a Resident Occupancy Agreement (ROA) to give permission to allot their BAH entitlements to rent. Then, their information is entered into a database, and the BAH will be collected by a management company on behalf of the Army and paid to the housing partner (Corvias) on the first of each month. Your family's take-home pay won't change at all—you will simply see a "rent allotment" in the third column of your Leave and Earnings Statement (LES).

Want more detail?

Before privatization, a military family essentially forfeited the Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) in exchange for living in government quarters on post. Beginning upon transfer of responsibilities for housing management, all families living on post in Corvias communities saw their BAH show up on their LES. At the same time, BAH begins appearing on the statement, the service members living in on-post family housing allot their BAH to the privatization partnership between Corvias and the Army.

Rather than receiving the BAH into their accounts and then making monthly rent payments, service members sign an ROA, similar to a civilian lease. The ROA gives the government permission to start the rent allotment, which equals the service member's BAH entitlement for his or her rank. The allotment should reflect any BAH increases or decreases that occur, but soldiers need to check it regularly for accuracy.

If a family is dual military (both spouses are on active duty), both service members will receive the appropriate BAH. Their rent will equal the senior grade member's BAH at the "with dependent" rate. The other service member keeps their BAH.

Once the ROA is signed, the service member's information is entered into a database for the third-party collecting the allotments. The BAH will be collected and managed by the Military Assistance Company (MAC), an allotment management contractor who works for the Army.

MAC has been processing military allotments since 1985 and serves military housing offices in all branches of service. The payment system is fully automated and is interfaced with the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS). This system facilitates starting, managing, tracking, updating and stopping BAH allotments.

BAH is paid to the partnership on the first of the following month, which means the allotment for April will be paid May 1. That is when the service member will see the first transaction appear on their LES. The BAH amount being paid will appear on the left side of the LES under "Entitlements." The rent allotment will appear in the third column of the LES under "Allotments" for an amount equal to the BAH. There will be no change in a family's take-home pay.

Stopping a BAH allotment upon move out is as easy as starting it. Once Corvias officially cleared the resident and any charges for damages beyond normal wear and tear have been paid, the allotment will be stopped. After move-out, any refund due will be made within 10 business days after the partnership receives the allotment for the last month's rent.

The rent payment process is designed to be smooth and seamless. If BAH does not appear on the LES or if the service member receives an entitlement and it is not taken out as an allotment, they should see their Neighborhood Manager immediately. The BAH money is earmarked for rent. If the BAH money is not taken out by allotment, the service member will be responsible for paying rent in cash until the problem is corrected.